Monday, November 25, 2013

La Magdalena @ San Carlos City November 2013


At first glance before entering the premise, I thought La Magdalena is just a bakery shop. Once inside and after seeing their menu, it is more than just a bakery. They are also a restaurant.

When I visited my cousins recently in San Carlos City, we met our friend and his wife there and had a hearty meal and a few dessert. It was a hearty meal at that. One that left me with a full stomach that had me forced to want to burn them off (which we later did when we jogged around the city).


First off, we had Caesar's Salad, Fish N' Chips, Beef Steak, Sizzling Pork Sisig, Pochero and Halo-Halo for dessert.

Now, I am not describing them in detail since they are the same kind of food that we Filipinos love to eat. However, I would like to point out that all these tasted great.

I was even surprised that the sisig was all meat. Just like how it used to be like in Cagayan de Oro City's version. If you had tried Cebu's sisig, you will notice the big difference because their sisig version if 85% fat.

Their pochero was also surprisingly good. They can compete with well known Pochero restaurants in Cebu.

After devouring the main course, I was even more surprised their Halo-Halo was heavenly. I mean, twice I ate Halo-Halo in San Carlos City (one was in a restaurant in Mambukal resort) and my wife and I both loved it.

When you visit San Carlos City, this is one place not to miss out during your trip. Ask around where it is located. San Carlos is not that big of a city and La Magdalena is pretty famous there so you won't have a problem getting there.

Oh yeah, they also have free WIFI ;).

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails