Friday, June 7, 2013

2Go Travel: One Hell Of A Journey

Their website mentions integrating the country's leading passenger ships and fast ferries, Negros Navigation, SuperFerry, SuperCat, and Cebu Ferries but I will be pointing out SuperFerry specifically because that is the ship that I traveled going to my hometown and back just last month.

And they even made it worse. Instead of having a night trip and arriving early morning the next day, the boat sailed in the morning which forced me to take a leave of absence from work. That was certainly one whole day wasted doing nothing.

I could barely play my smart phone game because my pocket WIFI could not get any signal. Their tourist room does not even have any outlet per bed unlike Trans Asia.

Plus, since the trip involves a 3 way city stop Manila-Cebu-Cagayan de Oro City and back, there was bound to be so many passengers. Well, it was not actually a bad thing. The problem was the delays!

Yes! Back and forth. I realized why I stopped riding in that boat. The delays were really uncomfortable. At least now, this blog post will keep on reminding me never to ride SuperFerry again.

Prior to this experience, it was more than 10 years ago since I rode in one so I totally forgot why I ignored it for so many years. The cheap rate tempted me to book for tickets and look how it gave me so many problems.

The boat now also looks like an old ship, similar to Trans Asia 9. They should clean it up. Heck, my back was even bit by bed bugs when I leaned back in their seat in the lounge area.

2Go should never wait for the cargo to fill up. Look what happened? A chain reaction of delays irritated so many passengers, me included.

But then again, most, if not all ferry boats in the Philippines are cargo ships to begin with, not purely passenger ferries. Passengers are the extra baggage here.

 Geez! 2Go Travel was one hell of a journey alright. Hell. Literally!

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails