Monday, January 16, 2012

Don Merto's Restaurant

I have to admit, if it were not for Groupon, I would never have gotten the chance to dine here. I actually bought the voucher around 3 months ago and the deadline was almost up so my wife and I finally decided to chow on Don Merto's specialties.

What are their specialities? I read so many tips in Foursquare about their hamburgers but surprisingly, we decided to skip them and try something else since we had a bunch of amount to spare. Why not try something else and munch on the obvious the next time we go back, right?

The place is pretty neat with strong and fast WIFI connection so all you foursquarers will have no problem checking in to the restaurant and uploading photos of the food that you will order.

The service is good. Well, considering the place was not full. However, I figure service will be bad if the place is packed. Kind of like how Casa Verde used to be with only one cook and very few staff to entertain customers.


The following were what we ordered:

  • iced tea - 40.00 each
  • bread + butter - this probably came with the beef belly stew salad that we ordered
  • beef belly stew - (2nd row, 1st column) slow cooked with tomato sauce, carrots, potatoes and mushrooms @ 178.00
  • grilled parrot fish - (2nd row, 2nd column) grilled boneless lamon lamon served with a tangy Argentinian chimmichoburri and roasted root vegetable salad toosed in a zesty yogurt and mustard dressing @ 198.00
  • lomo saltado - (3rd row, 1st column) stir fried U.S. beef, tomatoes, onions and fried potato spuddiels @ 198.00
  • canalones - (3rd row, 2nd column) tender chicken rolled in homemade egg paste, baked with cheese and bechamel sauce @ 198.00
  • the french fries and potato came with the food mentioned.


The prices are alright. I must say I was surprised that they are affordable considering from the name of the restaurant itself, I thought firsthand my wallet might be empty once I got the bill ;).

2 comments :

Mary T.Silvey said...

Great work! That is the kind of info that are meant to be shared across the internet. Disgrace on search engines|Google} for not positioning this post upper! Come on over and visit my website . Thank you =)
CornerBlox Bass Traps

James D.Austin said...

Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make critically articles I would state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular publish extraordinary. Wonderful job!
Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails