Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mantianak Nature Park And Botanical Garden

Whew! Just went to Mantianak Nature Park and Botanical Garden in Sugbongcogon, Misamis Oriental in the Philippines. From Cagayan de Oro to Sugbongcogon, it would take you around 1 and a half hours by car to go there. Once you reach the municipality, just search for the big sign on the left side of the ride. You can't miss it.

Just a quick overview. I had a blast there. The place features exotic animals, mostly birds but does have its main attraction, 4 tigers. I remember when my friend (who is the administrator there) showed me his photo with the 4 tiger cubs 2 years ago. Now, they are awfully big ... and lazy. All they did was sleep even though there were quite a number of people watching them.


At the end part of the park, they have a mini zipline for kids that costs 30 pesos. Parents will not worry about the height because it is not high. For the food, I would suggest you bring some heavy meals because they do not serve any there, just snacks.


For those who wish to spend the night at Mantianak, they have around 5 houses ready for accommodation. I love animals and I enjoyed every minute I was there.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails