Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hokkien Mee

When we went to China Town in Singapore, we had dinner in one of the joints there. My friend treated me and my wife to a delicacy that is my friend's favorite, Hokkien Mee. Looks like ordinary noodles based on the photo?

Specifically, the Hokkien Mee served in Singapore is called Hokkien hae mee (Hokkien prawn noodles). The dish consists of egg and rice noodles in a fragrant stock, which is made from both fresh shrimp and dried prawns as well as pork or chicken.

It is garnished with prawns, fish cake, leafy greens, pork ribs, squid, crisp deep-fried shallots, spring onions and fresh lime together with sliced red chili, light soy sauce and sambal. Yes, chili! It was served fresh and hot when we ate it. It tasted so good! If you plan to go to China Town in Singapore, you should try out this awesome noodles! I definitely will have a go at it again if I get the chance to go back to Singapore.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails