Wednesday, August 5, 2009

St. Patrick's Cathedral Manhattan

The St. Patrick's Cathedral is located on 5th Avenue between 50th and 51st Streets in New York's Manhattan. The cathedral is the largest gothic-style Catholic cathedral in the United States. For over 125 years, the Cathedral of St. Patrick has enriched the spiritual lives of countless New Yorkers, as well as visitors and tourists from all areas of our world. Lots of visitors visit this cathedral and I could say this can be considered a tourist attraction too since there were guards (in uniforms) on duty.

The cathedral's architecture, altars, stained glass windows and wood and marble sculptures are wonders themselves. When I look at the photo in this post which was taken when we went there 2 years ago, I always think to myself that I should have started my interest in photography before we went to the U.S. If I can go back there again for vacation, I would definitely go back to St. Patrick's Cathedral and take photos with my SLR.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails