Monday, August 31, 2009

Perya

In the Philippines, local theme parks are called perya. Just last week, I went home to my hometown in Cagayan de Oro to spend my vacation there since I am resigning from my current job, I thought of using my vacation leave credits (since they are not convertible to cash) and rest. It was also my hometown city's fiesta celebration last Friday so there were lots of people from other cities who went there.

Little did I expect I would even think about checking out the perya. After all, the last time I went to one was when I was still a kid. And I forgot how old I was that time. Man, when I went there, the usual rides and attractions still exist like the Horror Train. There were 2 new attractions that I rode and watched like the Taga-Disco and the Motorcycle Stunt Show (forgot the exact name) wherein two motorcycle stunt drivers will just circle around the cylindrical structure that you stand on (sometimes with no hands!).

Even though the perya is not that big, it is quite fun if you go there with your friends. The games there are pretty simple and straightforward. Just do not go there alone, 'cause you will get bored to death!

2 comments :

chubskulit said...

Nakakamiss minsan yung kinalakihan natin noh.. got here from grace's page..

Following your blog na din, hope u can visit sometimes.. thanks!

disneyusa said...

hey. thanks. following you too..

you're right. i really had fun that time. even my parents joined us

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails