Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Haunted Mansion


The Haunted Mansion is one of Disney Magic Kingdom's attractions. I am one scaredy cat and I had second thoughts before going in. Even the haunted house booths in my school, I used to avoid them unless I was part of the horror crew.

So anyway, in I went with my brother and sister and all other audiences together with a young butler who looks dead. While you go around the mansion, a storyteller will narrate stuffs and sometimes the butler stands in front of you and stares at you, saying nothing at all.

For those who are scared with hauntings, here is a positive thought. It is Disney after all. They do not produce scary horror movies to scare people. At least that was what I thought and realized then, which totally removed my worries of being scared while inside that haunted mansion.


So in The Haunted Mansion, you go on a tour where a supernatural Ghost Host introduces you to his closest dearly departed friends. Walking past the entrance foyer and into the ghostly portrait chamber, the air cools and the sense of dread begins to grow. Suddenly, you realize that you are in a room with no windows and no doors.

Moving along, you board a "Doom Buggy" and begin your supernatural journey. Your Ghost Host takes you through several dusty rooms, where you can see eerie signs of ethereal awakening. Soon, you encounter the mansion's resident medium, Madame Leota, who invokes the mansion's ghost and ghouls to show themselves.

You will also notice when you will be all confined in a small area that the floor is moving vertically (sort of like an elevator). These are just a few of what you can find at the Haunted Mansion.

And fear not, as I said awhile ago, it is Disney. Do not be scared ;).

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails